Charlotte Stanton Woodward Czwakiel, of Canton Massachusetts, formerly of Tyngsboro MA and Clinton NY passed on June 1, 2021.
She whispered I love you one last time before grabbing her cane to make her trip up to heaven.
“Sweetie” as she was known by Raymond Czwakiel, loving husband for nearly 59 years, was surrounded by loving family as she left this world.
She was a:
- Loving role model, best friend, and big sister to Priscilla Adler.
- Incredible mom to five kids: Raymond Czwakiel, Debbie Alsebai, Bruce Czwakiel, Robert Czwakiel, and Charlotte Buy; the five responsible for making sure her hair greyed prematurely.
- Proud Nana to 11 grandkids responsible for lighting up her pretty blue eyes: Solana Czwakiel, Miranda Czwakiel, Alessandro Buy, Shareen Alsebai, Andrew Czwakiel, Emma Czwakiel, Ayla Alsebai, Abigail Czwakiel, Sofia Buy, Thomas Czwakiel, and Francesco Buy.
- Loving Aunt Lolly to Teresa Rossi, Patty Morris, and Rebecca (Twink) Osborne.
- Wonderful mother-in-law to Lisa Czwakiel, Diane Czwakiel, Ugo Buy, and the late Manar Alsebai.
Nana’s superpower was being able to sniff out the best bakeries no matter where she was.
She loved making snickerdoodles almost as much as she loved finding rubber snakes hidden around the house by her adorable grandkids.
Nana enjoyed driving her scooter around the arboretum and smelling the lilacs, her favorite flower.
Maybe now that she is in heaven, she can ask Steve Jobs how to get her “damn” ipad to work.
Charlotte is survived by many loving friends and family and will be greatly missed by all who knew her.
In lieu of flowers consider baking a batch of cookies for your neighbor in honor of her.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup of shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (and a pinch to add some extra love)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter and shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.