Marion E. Tucker died in Norwood after a lengthy illness she was 95.
Born in Dorchester, Marion was a graduate of Milton High School Class of 1936. Upon graduation she worked at Travelers Insurance Company or 5 years. Subsequently Marion went to work as a secretary for the United States Department of Defense for 28 years. After leaving the Defense Department she worked at St. Mary of the Hills Church, in Milton as a secretary for another 16 years.
Marion moved to Quincy in 1970 and moved in to 100 Southern Artery in 2006. She was a Eucharistic Minister at St. Agatha’s Church, since 1986 ministering in that capacity at the request of the late Fr. Francis Turke. She lived Cursillo in the Boston area at St. Gabriel’s School in Brighton, in 1965. She was a member of the Cursillo Team several times. She was active as a member of the Outreach Committee at St. Agatha’s Church, driving parishioners to Doctors appointments.
Marion also volunteered at both the Carney Hospital and the Franciscan Children’s’ Hospitals, and her travels included trips to Ireland, Lourdes, The Holy Land, Hawaii and other parts of the U.S., with many summer vacations spent on Cape Cod.
Marion was beloved daughter of the late Mary E. (Murdock) Tucker and J. Edward Tucker. Devoted sister of the late Eleanor M. Donohue, Anna F. Kenney and Joseph E. Tucker. Also survived by several nieces and nephews. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated in St. Agatha’s Church, MILTON, Tues., April15 at 10:30 am. Visiting Hours at the Dolan Funeral Home, 460 Granite Ave., EAST MILTON SQUARE, Mon., 4-7 pm. Interment Milton Cemetery. If desired contributions in Marion’s memory may be sent to the Pope John Seminary, 558 South Ave, Weston, MA 02493.